Improved blade response, faster work equipment speed and new fast-blade mode for exceptional high-speed grading
Komatsu America Corp has introduced the new D61-24 crawler dozer for any grading or earthmoving application.
The D61-24 crawler dozer features a 6.8 liter, 168-horsepower (167 kW) , SAA4D107E-3, EPA Tier 4 Final emissions certified engine with class-leading power and fuel efficiency.
Blade capacity is 4.41 yd 3 3.37 m 3 with the D61EX-24 and 4.98 yd 3 3.81 m 3 with the D61PX-24.
The proven, second generation D61-24 comes standard with a parallel link undercarriage system for long undercarriage life. In addition to E and P modes, a new H modes helps operators maintain ground speed while operating under heavy loads.
Fuel consumption is reduced up to an additional 5 % over the prior model via a more efficient engine.
The Komatsu Variable Geometry Turbocharger (KVGT) creates excellent engine response and helps maintain a high level of passive regeneration to ensure fuel isn’t wasted on cleaning the exhaust filter.
More than 99 percent of Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter regeneration is performed with no action required by the operator.
Jonathan Tolomeo, Komatsu product manager said:
“The D61-24 dozer combines the visibility and productivity strengths of its predecessor with blade durability and equipment-speed upgrades in the new model. Also, we think operators will really like the H-Mode enhancement for high-duty cycle applications requiring extra engine speed,"
Other features on the D61-24 crawler dozer include:
- A choice between quick-shift, three-speed mode and a variable, 20-speed customizable transmission mode to suit personal preferences.
- Proprietary engine and hydrostatic transmission technology that improves machine efficiency and cuts fuel consumption.
- New auto-idle shutdown and economy modes that help reduce idle time and save fuel.
- Standard rear-view monitoring system that promotes increased operator awareness of potential worksite hazards.
- KOMTRAX telematics system and monitor provides key machine metrics, including KDPF status, DEF consumption, fuel level, operating hours, location, cautions and maintenance alerts.
- Large, multi-lingual, 7 inch, high-resolution LCD monitor with Ecology Guidance that helps operators monitor machine performance for maximum fuel efficiency and follow real-time integrated diagnostics for troubleshooting without a laptop.
The D61EX/PX-24 is equipped with Komatsu-designed HST that allows for Quick-Shift or Variable speed selection.
Hydrostatic steering eliminates steering clutches and brakes, providing smooth powerful turns. Fully electronic control provides full automatic shifting and enables smooth control. An electronic fuel control dial controls engine speed.
Machine operation is simple because brake function has been integrated into the decelerator pedal. Machine travel speed can be controlled using one pedal.
The pedal function can be changed by a mode selector switch.
- Decelerator mode: The pedal can decelerate engine rpms and vehicle travel speed. It can be used for all applications.
- Brake mode: The pedal can decelerate vehicle travel speed while maintaining high-engine speed. This mode can be helpful to maintain work-equipment speed, while using the brake function.
The D61EX/PX-24 has an integrated ROPS (ISO 3471) cab constructed with high rigidity and superb sealing performance to sharply reduce noise and vibration for the operator and discourage dust from entering the cab.
In addition, side visibility is increased because external ROPS structure and posts are not required.
The cabuses a mount damper system that provides the kind of excellent shock and vibration absorption which conventional mounting systems cannot.
The silicon-oil-filled cab damper mount helps to isolate the cab from the machine body, suppressing vibration and providing a quiet, comfortable operating environment.